Tuesday, June 23, 2009

my you do have your hands full......

this is what EVERYONE who sees me with the 4 in tow says
here in lies the rub
I think that the mere mention that i am in over my head resonates somewhere within
and i begin to doubt.....for example
last night at Angelo's softball game, a nice work wife was watching my kids RUN WILD
then turned to me and
" man you must sleep well at night...they are ACTIVE"
well that was a fairly nice thing to say...im sure in no way meant to break me down
but what do you suppose happened
i got to thinking
....i am tired
...i am always tired
...they are a lot of work
...should i have to work so hard
then i felt like crying...then i took the kids to the car & CRIED
but as I was watching the laundry swirling in the washer this morning i thought to myself
Yeah, its a lot a work
yep, not every day is rewarding or even easy for that matter
but who's plan was it that my life should be EASY, 24-7 FUN
isn't the TRUE meaning of reward getting something for DOING {etc} something
so how then if I don't work....don't teach......don't clean.....don't do anything that I don't want to how then will i be rewarded & FOR WHAT
so
i gotta find some way not to get all flipped out when a somewhat silly OBSERVATION is made
maybe it'll go something like this
"MY you do have your hands full, don't you"
out loud I'll respond
"yup"
in my mind I'll say
" yeah FULL of ETERNAL REWARD"
......or something like that

8 comments:

Midge said...

I'm with you on this one. I suggest you say out loud the Eternal Reward. It may make someone think about what you(we) do.
Great post!

Sprack Attack said...

You should see the looks I get when I take my kids and Karissa's kids to a store by myself. 7 kids that look like they are 10 and under, all with one parent. They always look incredulous, and then say..."Are these ALL yours." The other thing I always have to remind myself of is how quickly it goes. Soon you don't have that chubby little naked man arranging spices (unless you can convince your hubby to gain a little weight and arrange spices in the nude). They no longer run wild at the park, they want to leave you and run wild with their friends. Then you look back at what you are doing now, and hope you did enough. Did I teach them all the things they need to know, so that they will be able to keep themselves save in this world we live in. Oops. Wanted to give you a reason to enjoy where you are now, not stress you out more. Good luck, love you.

Tami said...

They grow up- that is what is sad- (my kids go and play with the other kids) my kids do a lot by themselves now and I am not so crazy, you will miss it! I love you, it will be full of eternal reward. Love you!

Miss Brandy said...

Amen, sista! Remember the old ladies at the D.I. and their comment..."I can't believe they'd take them all out to a place litk this!"


And I love your new header. I'm on a mission to refurbish my own :)

chelsea :: stock said...

I thought about this the other day too.

I guess if my job, my career, is to raise these children... then my time is spent correctly.

AND the benefits are out of this world... :)


of course, this came after some adjustment to being a mother of two, and lots of tears myself. you're not alone that way.

Franklin Family said...

It's amazing what people will say to you, even when they mean well. It's nice to know that what you feel is real, and others feel it, too. When your kids are older, and they say, "My mom was always there, and played with us all the time," it will sure be worth it. Thank you for sharing!

it's just lisa said...

he he. I still hear that one often. I've started to say "It's all worth it" -with a smilie.

Goodness, I've never felt crazier then as a mother of 4. I wonder if I will ever return to my easy going self.

Katie said...

I'm Katie, Kari's sister. I've met you a few times at graduations and weddings and such, and I think your children are darling. When my twins were young, I got the hands full comment a lot, and the thing I said that helped me in so many ways was this: "Yes, they are full. I can't tell you how glad I am that they aren't empty."