here are some more:
Children & Happiness
Children & Love
Children & Insanity
Children & Fun
Children & Fulfillment
Children & Laughter
I have been working for a friends graphic design business ( from home)
I usually am very good about not working when the kids are awake, this affords me little "me" time but I am coping well. Maybe "me" time is over rated. I think it would be hard if Angelo wasn't in school because then I would be loosing the "us" time which is definitely not over rated.
I MISS MY HUSBAND (give him back BYU)
The good news is Angelo has decided that by quitting work he will be able to finish shortly(relative to the two years we have been looking forward too)
What happens if I try to work when my kids are awake, you may wonder
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: No
Jaxson: Mom can I watch a movie
Me: My darling Jaxson do not ask me again, I have said no
If you choose to ask me again you will be choosing to go to time out for the next 5 minutes
(brief pause)
Jaxson & Liam: Mom I need a drink, (fink as Liam says)
Jaxson & Liam: Mom I need a drink, (fink as Liam says)
Jaxson & Liam: Mom I need a drink, (fink as Liam says)
Jaxson & Liam: Mom I need a drink, (fink as Liam says)
Jaxson & Liam: Mom I need a drink, (fink as Liam says)
Jaxson & Liam: Mom I need a drink, (fink as Liam says)
Jaxson & Liam: Mom I need a drink, (fink as Liam says)
Jaxson & Liam: Mom I need a drink, (fink as Liam says)
(I have been getting the drinks since the first time they asked but they continue until the order is filled)
Next the worst SILENCE
( not golden in this case)
now Emeline screams
next Liam: me didn't do it
me: what didn't you do
Liam: me didn't kick Eme
me: why didn't you kick her
Liam: Mom she take all my stuff
me: Liam don't kick Eme, please she is your sister
Liam: Emeline Jane I wov her ( he bends down gives her a big hug and kiss, very heart felt)
(I remove Emeline from the situation, she promptly goes right back into the middle of a conflict with Liam where she holds her own until size as usual wins out)
Why do my kids do and say the same things every day, I don't know
What I do know is this rarely happens if I am not occupied
ie: cleaning the house, on the computer, talking on the phone, paying bills, making a meal, going to the bathroom, taking a shower, getting dressed, and anything else that may cause me to remove my eyes from them at all times and give them the uneasy feeling that I may not be ready to act on any need they may have that need to be fulfilled.
I am sure I will miss this in 20 years.
Will I miss cleaning the house?
Here in lies the rub, I need a clean house, occasional shower and regular bathroom visits
How to do this and keep my sanity, my children from hurting one another, and our home intact?
This IS my life
I have found that the best way to keep a bearable amount of order is to work during nap and after bed time.
So............what do I do?
I design web companies logos and web page headers
why does my site look like this you may wonder?
I design web companies logos and headers ( have little energy, creativity, and desire left for my own poor site)
Do I have any examples?
Sure I do, maybe my next post will have some attached
Do I like it?
Yes, I love it ( I might even be great at it one day)
Little note at the end
I have taken to watching pride & prejudice every evening, I am know unable to sleep with out seeing at least 10 minutes, is this strange?


0 comments:
Post a Comment