if you are not familiar with the "Fancy Nancy" books
you should be
they are an Emeline staple
we read about Nancy's puppy..her friends...the french words she loves...and more of her adventures being the only fancy one in her family DAILY (and by this i mean hourly)
so as I contemplated homeschooling i worried that my reading time with Emme might suffer
so I found a little program called audacity
this program allowed me to record my voice onto a CD
this program allowed me to record my voice onto a CD
So I scooped up our Fancy Nancy collection
and begun reading them onto a MP3 file
next i created little pouches for her Cd's which will be glued to the inside of the corresponding book
and
Voila ( that's french for expressing satisfaction )
Emme can now listen to her favorite books
whilst I teach her older brothers.......
this of course doesn't take the place of my daily readings but it helps to occupy the little princess now and then
***note from the author***
This program is also great if you are having your kids work on memorization
they can read the poem, article of faith, talk, etc. into the mic and use the CD during down time to help them memorize!


1 comments:
You must tell me how this works. I'm a little auditorally technologically challenged. I stil don't know how to sinc my ipod, jason does it for me :)
Post a Comment