Monday, February 25, 2008

Inspiration

this morning i was cleaning my floors NPR on the radio

I found myself sitting in the middle of a half clean floor listening to this amazing story.

"We are a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization dedicated to educating, empowering, and loving impoverished African orphans. Our mission started with two green-eyed brothers, Patrick and Ryan Hansen, who were determined to make a difference. Ryan lives in Africa to ensure that all funding is used properly. Patrick runs the "business" side of things in the USA. Neither brothers receive a salary for what they do. 100 percent of donations go straight to those who suffer. "

I was struck when Ryan said some nights he finds himself vomiting in the corner because he is so worried about these children. This man is my same age, what an amazing use of a life. They provide the money for these children to go to private school and health education so as to prevent them contracting aids among many other things.

You can find his blog here

We hear so much of the wrong people do, I am happy when the good is spotlighted.


1 comments:

Miss Brandy said...

I heard it too! Amazing huh? Makes me feel like kind of a loser. Hey, you have lots of time, lol. How about you come up with a philanthropic idea for us. Like making pickle omelets for crazy kids.

Sorry, I shouldn't kid. Really, some day I'll do something that cool for other people.