Wednesday, March 05, 2008

TraDiTion




We like many other AMerICans

are American Idol fans


Why? I really don't know , we just like music and it is really the only show on tv that the entire family can enjoy TOGETHER!


So we have created a tradition around this TV show
(I know traditions around TV, yuck)
oh well
PiZZa night is a tradition passed down from my Mom
We have now perfected it & made it organic
Little hands love to help
Pizza night is the only night when the kids get to watch TV
and we let them eat at the coffee table or on a blanket like a picnic
Note from the Author: I named this post and couldn't stop singing TRADITION you know the song from fiddler on the roof, I bet it will be running through my head the rest of the DAY!

4 comments:

jenerekfamily said...

I'd love your recipe. It looks fabulous!

Franklin Family said...

Oh my gosh - that pizza looks so yummy. You are amazing - 4 kids and homemade pizza! I only have one, and I can't remember the last time I did homemade pizza. I love the little hands...so cute.

Sarah said...

the pizza crust is super easy
2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 envelope active dry yeast
1tsp salt
2tbl olive oil
1/4tsp salt

yeast to 1 cup warm water
mix dry ingredients
add oil
add yeast
knead
let rise 45 minutes
roll out
top
bake at 45o

I also brushed the crust with olive oil & garlic before I put toppings on

on this pizza I used real mozzerella, red peppers,spinach,mushrooms, & red onions

jenerekfamily said...

Sorry, I don't have your email address or else I'd just ask you over email.

Your recipe says 1 tsp salt and then a few lines later says 1/4 tsp salt. I really want to make this crust so I just need to make sure I am not missing something in the ingredients. Should it be 1/4 tsp of something else?

You can just email me instead of cluttering up your blog with comments if you'd like.

jenerekbayles@yahoo.com

I hope it doesn't bug you that I read your blog. I love seeing how your family is doing and how Emmeline and Katie are similar and different.

Jenny