Tuesday, July 29, 2008

to open a can of worms.......without any idea

So last night I was having scripture study with the kids before bed
in Tio Jonathons room which we have taken over and has become
temporary Casa de Carvajal
We read
Alma 12:24
" And we see that death comes upon mankind, yea, the death which has been spoken of by Amulek, which is the temporal death;nevertheless there was a space granted unto man in which he might repent; therefore this life became a probationary state; a time to prepare for that endless state which has been spoken of by us, which is after the resurrection of the dead."
I said
so, in this life we get to prepare to meet God
what can we do to prepare?
Jaxson looking bereft of knowledge
Well, I just don't get it Mom
how do babies come out of you anyway
Liam rolled to his back spread his legs apart then pointed in between them
They come out from here, right Mom
I said
yes, Liam you are right
Jaxson again
so, what Mom they cut your penis off
Liam, Emme, & I chimed
mom doesn't have a penis
Jaxson
so, what it's like a transformer or something
I said holding back laughter, tears, & anxiety
yep, something like that
Okay so this life is to prepare to meet God, what can we do to prepare ourselves?
All I can say is this mother gig is definitely a mixed bag

3 comments:

Tami said...

That is hilarious! I laughed and had to share it with Lonny! My boys are totally normally, thanks for sharing, it made my day and I will try and stay away from Alma 12:24- J.K.

Franklin Family said...

Ha, I LOVE it!! His brain is always working, isn't it?

Trish Griffee said...

Oh the conversations we dread as parents. I love the way little minds work.