Monday, April 13, 2009

in which we see the CARVAJAL's in EASTER BEST




I hope your EASTER celebration was a blessed remembrance of our SAVIOR


While ironing the children's new clothes, I spoke with our Children about the symbolism of a "NEW" Easter clothing
I have been reading this book and realizing that we don't know the WHY in a lot of our traditions. I spoke with my young ones about the symbolic putting on of new "perfect" clothing and its relation to the resurrection & the putting on finally, eternally of our perfected bodies. Oh what a joy it was to hear Jaxson's excitement as we entered the chapel..."I wonder what my teachers are wearing?....to the lay observer I am sure this questions seems a bit on the silly & on the worldly side..but to me I heard in his voice the sound I imagine will ring in the land as the morning of the resurrection occurs...."where is my mother, aunt, uncle, friend........etc..and what does their perfected body look like" to those who know someone who's body has been ravaged by cancer, disease, sickness, or accident..I know you will join me in your desire to see what they are wearing Resurrection morning.
After our Easter week dedicated to learning of our Savior I am grateful for my life..my love...my posterity...and most of all the older Brother to whom i am so indebted.
I have been very hard on myself this week..noticing every short coming...crying over my incapability's...and finally realizing that for this was he come into the world...to take the burden of my short comings & failing...and for this if I can but obey I can be relieved of my sorrows & sins.

***Grandma sent the kids BEAUTIFUL EASTER clothing so, I made a goodwill run and came up with some "matching" clothes for the Mr. & I ****

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Love how you all match! So cute!

Franklin Family said...

You all look so beautiful. Sarah, you are just stunning and I love Angelo's beaming smile! Sariah had the same Easter dress as Emme - isn't it adorable?

jamie said...

Believe it or not, I was thinking of you on Easter morning and wondering what adorable Easter outfits you'd all be wearing. You've got a reputation, I guess. I love the symbolism that goes with it.

Trish Griffee said...

you all looks so cute. Glad to know the reason behind the fancy clothes...I love fancy Easter clothes:)

it's just lisa said...

Oh Sarah you have such a beautiful testimony of the gospel, of faith and of dedication to family. We are so blessed to know of our Savior and His love for us! Thanks for your post:)

chelsea :: stock said...

I heard someone talking about you guys in the hall on sunday actually! I was walking in and someone was talking about how this cute family matched and even the dad was wearing an orange shirt.... then I saw "m" walking with her class looking sweet and later I saw "the Mr" with "the boss" all in their sunday best... and I put it all together... you guys look adorable...