this book has looked the same for umm.......i don't know over 30 years
i am sure we are not the first family to love the lessons in it
last night instead of this
Angelo brought THIS
to family home evening
I thought maybe a personal hygiene lesson
so I sat back to watch........this should be interesting
SONG
PRAYER
if you have children you know before the lesson begins, you have to get everyone calm
then
next
Liam then decided he NEEDED to brush his teeth
then i looked at my spouse and he was
so i asked the kids what dad looked like
they did the
this made dad laugh in spite of himself
And
Angelo asked each child to take as many square of toilet paper as they needed ( if you have boys you can imagine the comments as multiple squares were taken)
Then he asked each person to, in turn tell as many nice things about the person next to them as they had squares of toilet paper.
I LOVE MY HUSBAND
We had fun saying all the things we love about each other.
****must include the funniest quotes of the evening****
"please get off his blanket, so I don't have to send him to heaven"
courtesy of Don Angelo
"I have to brush my teeth, right NOW"
Liam Agustin
" I just gotta dance, .......like a dude"
Jaxson
" look Cinderella dress, La La La"
princess Emeline












3 comments:
What a GREAT FHE idea! Very creative and perfect for the kids. Really fosters and atmosphere of love. Points for Angelo. =) That video of Chaucer is SO cute!!! I love his rolls and his dimples. He is going to be one handsome little man. Good luck on your Seattle trip. I can't wait to hear all about it!
How funny! It is so nice to know I am not alone in this endeavor. Ours was on tithing. Luckily they understand but talk about putting some away for missions oh no, they want all of their money to go in the Disneyland piggy bank. Our stake president wants us to use the missionary book for FHE and I am scared to try it. I guess I will and then make it apply to an 8-5-4 year old boys.
Sarah Sue,
How do you save your entries for printing?
Tell Angelo I'm stealing his idea.
Post a Comment