Sunday, April 13, 2008

Newcomer's Handbook for moving to and living in Seattle

2

airplanes


2

nights at the Marriott in Bellevue
1

thing I was tempted to steal from the hotel


( i loved this couch, too bad it wouldn't fit in the overhead compartment)

320

miles traveled in our rental car

1

day spent at Pikes

5
Mortenson construction sites seen


9

towns visited
11
homes viewed
# 3209

number of the home we loved

5
bedrooms in our new home


2
ovens in our new home

3

very tired travelers

3

very happy children to see MOM & DAD after 3 days






2
very tired ( and happy) Grandparents


We are waiting for the lease agreement, it should arrive Monday. When it is all signed we will breath ONE very big sigh of relief !



**funnest thing said about the grand kids 3 day visit**



Grandma**



"We woke up,

everyone got a shower,

I made breakfast,
we ate,
they played a game on the computer,
we made 5 batches of play dough,
then played with it,
cleaned up
........and then I looked at the clock and it was only 10:00 AM and we had the rest of the day ahead" if this doesn't make you laugh out loud you may not be a mother.

6 comments:

Miss Brandy said...

We stayed in the Marriott last weekend in SLC and my mom said the exact same thing about the exact same chair!!! How funny! I want all the details woman, I've been trying to call you!

Brand

Franklin Family said...

I love it! Congratulations on your new home. I'll bet it's so nice to have something like that to look forward to. I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. =)

Tami said...

Congratulations! It looks cute- because there is rock on it- also the grandma (Aunt Val) thing is verrrry funny! I really am going to have to come visit, I love the festival and the ferry.

Trish Griffee said...

Wow. you are ambitious. I always feel like that during the day. I've gotten everything I want to do with kk done and it's 11 am:P

*Natalie* said...

Oh Sarah, you are too cute, I love how you blog! I am so excited for my mobys!! I will call you in a bit, with my address, or I can just come get them, you are not that far away!!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Kari said...

I love your little Chaucer, he is stinkin' adorable!!! I can't believe how big he is getting!

Your mom's story is funny. I sometimes worry for myself for when I have more kids.