Friday, August 15, 2008

Depressed..Depression.......


Jaxson has asked to go on numerous & various bike rides this week
all of which I couldn't get the energy up for
so for the last few days I have been bummin' around the house
with
NO...ZERO...ZIP
energy
yes, I have still ironed all the male family members shirts


yes, I made delectable blueberry crumble bars ( fresh blueberries)





yes, I cleaned the house ( 2 weeks without toilets cleaned, you can imagine)
yes, I finally got the laundry caught up
yes, I nursed a chunkarific baby

( shirt courtesy of my cuz Natalie, THANK YOU ! we love it)



yes, I took this lot to the Seattle Aquarium




( the boss was on my back, thus not pictured)



yes, I have manicured & pedicured all the children who bare my husbands last name


yes, I held a mini disco party in my garage ( with just the carvajal kids)
**plans for a disco ball and a genuine back to school bash to come


yes, I scouted weekend activities





but all was done with with my limbs draggin'


I thought I was depressed , you know I had to do good byes again


It was a lot of EMOTION
then
this AM


Liam threw up in his cereal
you know
upchucked
spewed
lost his lunch
reliquished his cookies
the big V


Yep....I have never been so relieved


I am not DEPRESSED........
I am SICK
hooray, I am sure that a little residual depression is hangin' out inside me
but I think with a little R&R
I should be up and riding again
much to Jaxson's felicity






******note from the author******






I am fulfilling a request to post recipes with my pics
Blueberry Crumb Bars
INGREDIENTS
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup shortening
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
4 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch



DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and cinnamon, if desired. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the shortening and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
In another bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.






5 comments:

it's just lisa said...

That shirt on Chaucer is so cute! Don't you wish we could pull energy out of our kids and use it ourselves:) I remember my mom saying often "if only I had your energy" I thought she was a crazy old woman making no sense, but now I get it. sorry mom.

Tami said...

I am glad you are just sick (although that is horrible) and it looks like you brought a brother home which always is a fun thing! Thanks for the recipe, get better and have fun with Andrew!

Ann Guevara said...

For someone who is sick/depressed you sure do get a lot done---more than me on a really good day!! I can't imagine what you get done when you're feeling good!

love ya,
Ann

Franklin Family said...

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry you're sick! However, I'm impressed at how much you got done even though you weren't feeling well. Your Chaucer has eyes to die for!

Miss Brandy said...

I am sooooo glad you're sick. It's a little scary when you start self-diagnosing yucky stuff like that...we know so much now days, especially the daughter of Valerie Corliss!

I sure miss you right now. We are still aiming for Halloween!

Love you guys!