13 hour drive home
1 am
middle of
NoWHERE
we
got a flat
yup
FLAT TIRE
not unexpected
earlier
we had tried to change it
because it wasn't holding air
but it wouldn't come off
so we filled it
and hoped
it wouldn't pop
at
1 am
shucks
the MR
bundled in every coat we could find
spent uuuuuu
about an hour
until he finally gave up trying to get the tire off
then drove it off ( carefully )
funny ?
maybe someday



4 comments:
Yes, it will be funny someday!
Did you know?
Wyatt said the other day talking to Garrett not wanting to share lunch that "I have blue germs you have green germs, Dillon has orange germs and Mom has pink germs." Had to eat and share the germs anyway no matter what color they are!
I know, "the Jimmy", but the MR?
While driving to Rock Springs to look for a new car, we got diverted as they had closed the freeway at Evanston. Georgia walks up to me slowly as I lay on the hotel bed and says, "Mom, do we have a home?"
Do you think we take too many trips?
OK, I'm stupid. PUNCTUATION! Mr. (he's not a Jimmy)
Last year Karissa and I went to see our Mom after Christmas. We took her van, had 7 children, and no husbands. It was a dark and stormy night, on an Idaho freeway. Anyway, we had a flat. No biggie, we can handle that. We call the hubby's let them know what's going on. Then, I ask her, where is your spare tire. She says, I don't know. We call her husband, no answer. We call my husband, no answer. We try her hubby's cell, still no answer. We decide to check the owners manual. We finally discover that the spare tire is under the passenger side middle seat of the van, but we can't figure out how to release it. More calls to the husbands. Finally they answer. They are together, and couldn't answer the phone because they are playing rock band. They don't know how to release the tire, and they hope we figure it out. :( Finally, after laying in the muddy snow...we finally figure it all out. Now we have to jack up the car. Can't do that with 7 children 10 and under in the care. We take out a couple sleeping bags, put all kids on and under to keep warm, threaten them so they will all stay on the sleeping bag. Then jack up the car and replace tire. Next fiasco, there is no flashlight. I go from wishing there is less traffic to being thankful that I am getting light from passing car headlights. I couldn't see to line up the spare tire. Whew, tire on, flat in the car on top of all the lugguge and supplies for taking 7 children on a trip, kids back in the car and on our way. I think this took 2 1/2 hours. Funny, ha ha, maybe, sometimes, don't think about it too hard...
Post a Comment