they say it's your birthday............
if you, like i love the Scripture Scouts you have no doubt heard the song
"sung" by wicked king Noah
i want want want what i want want want
i find my mind filled with i want.....
...to have my favorite lunch..cause it's my birthday
.... no fighting...cause...
.....to read, play my guitar...cause...
....to have everything the way i want it...cause.....
why is it so impossible for me to get over this....
yes it is my Birthday...yes I have been celebrated...as much as a 1, 3, 5, & 6 year old really can be expected...
but the reality is
M is throwing up
the boss doesn't feel all that well & he just removed his diaper and peed on the bench
the boyz when left for too long without my constant supervision fight
so here i sit my eyes tearing to be honest
running through all the ways my special day has wronged me
to make matters worse me thinks to myself
yesterday they all cried and tantrum'd all day
and i only get one shot a year at being the center of attention {LOL}
my b day and mothers day often fall on the same day or as is the case today consecutive days
"why does sickness come when I NEED to be celebrated"
and now we see
the natural woman.....and how she is an enemy to God
i am responsible for how my day goes only i can decide it was an birthday unworthy of
my greatness...huh
so
my resolve today is to remember...
i am home with the children I LOVE getting to care take which is my delight
i have an amazing chocolate cake in the fridge...which i can/will eat for every meal & snack today
i get to stay in the home where we make amazing memories
i am blest beyond that which i deserve
i get to order books from Barnes & Noble thanks to the Internet
& my Mother
i may even get to sneak away this evening...
the day is young..it's not to late to make it the best 28 known to a mother of 4 under 7's
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME may I change my ungrateful attitude in time to enjoy it!



6 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Adam is puking too, I think he got food poisoning.
But back to you. ;) I hope you have a great day and I'm so excited for you to come here! We are going to have so much fun at our big hat luncheon I can hardly wait!!
Yea! Happy Birthday Sarah! You do deserve a day with no fighting and good food. But you are right; that's the natural woman. I so enjoyed this post. Thanks for making me a better person on YOUR birthday. Way to be grateful, love ya!
Happy Birthday, Sarah. You know your Mr. will do something special for you this evening, and you will get some kind of celebration. We are thinking of you!
I agree with all that has been said- you are awesome- the seniors spoke yesterday and he said "I took for granted that my Mom was home every day" I thought wow! Someday- it will be worth it- heck it is worth it right now! Happy Birthday!
I told my children all I wanted for Mother's Day was a day with no fighting. They said "Okay Mom." 5 minutes later there was fighting and screaming from all 3. I have to say I feel your pain. Happy Mother's Day, and Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Dear Sarah! You can always have an unbirthday celebration to make up for the less than desirable day :)
"Mothers go longer on less sleep and give more to others with less personal renewal for themselves than any other group I know at any other time in life. It is not surprising when the shadows under their eyes sometimes vaguely resemble the state of Rhode Island....You are doing God's work. You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you, and He will bless you, even - no, especially - when your days and your nights may be the most challenging. Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hesitation and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master's garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and weep over the responsibility as mothers, 'Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.' and it will make your children whole as well". Elder Jeffrey R. Holland "Because She Is a Mother"
Post a Comment