Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What's in a name


Okay Okay
So I get that Chaucer isn't the most common name
but come on
I thought if you had been through High School English you'd have read something written by
Geoffrey Chaucer???

Almost everyone I meet says they haven't ever heard the name Chaucer & it doesn't get better once I explain that it is like Geoffrey Chaucer or the The Canterbury Tales

So here is what Wikipedia has to say about Geoffrey Chaucer,in part because it is so long here is the link to see all of

Geoffrey Chaucer (c. 1343October 25, 1400) was an English author, poet, philosopher, bureaucrat, courtier and diplomat. Although he wrote many works, he is best remembered for his unfinished frame narrative The Canterbury Tales. Sometimes called the father of English literature, Chaucer is credited by some scholars as being the first author to demonstrate the artistic legitimacy of the vernacular English language, rather than French or Latin.



One women in my ward asked his name and I was so worried that I was going to have another embarrassing conversation and instead after being told his name she said
"Maybe he will be a writer , what a great name to live up to"
THANK YOU
I really had begun to feel like I was living in an alternate universe
Okay my little rant is over and here are some new pics of our CHAUCER




Here are the smile pictures I promised
He REALLY smiles all the time!!!!

He looks so much like DADDY

4 is ALOT of Kidz

4 comments:

Franklin Family said...

You are right, he does look just like Angelo. What a handsome little boy! 4 is a lot of kids, but isn't that what life is all about? Congratulations, again. Your family is beautiful.

Kari said...

He really IS smiley! What a little cutie!

That's nice what the lady in your ward said. I liked reading Chaucer in high school and that's what I thought of immediately when I heard that that's what you named him. (Well, that and "A Knight's Tale", but I liked that too!) Besides, whose place is it to give you a hard time about your child's name? I think that is so rude of people. What ever happened to "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

Love ya, and your little Chaucer!

MaryAnn said...

You are amazing! I don't know how you are so with it having a new born and little ones. I struggle with just the one I have. Love the baby pics . I am really suprised that people didn't know who Chaucer was. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw his name. He's awfully handsome!

jenerekfamily said...

I agree, he looks tons like his Dad. Congratulations on such a beautiful family.