it's 1:15 am
the Mr & I had been dreaming of
well....we were in dreamland
when
a knock
at the door to our room
another knock
awakened and heightened the senses
then a LOUD BANGING
MOM---OPEN THE DOOR
i open the door to find
the second son
covered
and dripping BlOOD
from the
NOSE
down
Why wasn't I horrified
because I realized it is about
that time---yep it's been awhile since our last
bloody nose fiasco
the MR. and I got to work
the Patient was the least of the worries
bloody nose night comes once a month
(at least)
the child
with the nose disorder
seems to think he should travel
throughout our home
before
getting the blood stopped
which means.......
i digress
so.. we clean the the patients
nose--the blood stops
he says
"MOM, i'm tired , I'm goin' to bed"
"okay sweet heart, I love you"
which means
the Mr. and I will now spend an hour
(at least)
cleaning blood drops
the red nosed babe left for us
he peeks out from his room
"hey mom, I turned around a few times by your door"
"yeah right there"
"K goodnight"
after cleaning the result from his late night
blood nosed frolic
I go in to kiss him
( mainly to make sure the blood hasn't returned--because worse than nose bleed night is double nose bleed night)
I lay down next to my little guy
give him a kiss
and a hug
then I just stay there
too tired to move
"hey mom"
"get off my bed please"
"i'm really tired-i'm trying to sleep here"
a bit saucy for a child who just caused 2am carpet cleaning don't you think
HAPPY OCTOBER
HAPPY HAUNTING



2 comments:
Thanks for the good laugh before bed, great way to end the day :)
You are so lucky Angelo gets up with you to help clean up. Jason would just lay there fake-sleeping-like and I would get up and make the most noise one could possibly make when cleaning bloody carpet and sigh a lot so he would appreciate all the work I went to and not be able to sleep anyway so there!
Post a Comment