Angelo was in a meeting with this big wig from corporate, and the guy kept calling him Antonio
( i know what your thinking-his smoldering good looks reminded the man of Mr. Banderas)
No matter how many times he was corrected he still called him Antonio, so in another meeting before it started the women came and asked Angelo if his name was really Antonio.
this is not the end to his Name woe's he has been having trouble on the phones
the guy's on the other end get stuck on his name and don't listen to the rest of what he is saying
so
the other night
he was trying to come up with
Name alternatives
except it is hard to find one that he can say clearly...that we like
we tried
Paul......sound like Pull
Bob...to much like BUUB
and the list goes on
i guess he will just have to work on pronouncing his given name
YOUR TURN
YOUR TURN
YOUR TURN
YOUR TURN



9 comments:
oh, Angelo... We think your name is awesome.
Ok...funny... I just watched a GREAT SNL clip on the internet.
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/vp-debate-open-palin-biden/727421/
Wyatt got a spider bite over the weekend and when he found it he says, "Mom I have a pimple on my arm" where did he find that word!
Watching conference yesterday he cut a picture of Jesus in half and said, "We shouldn't break Jesus's heart like this"
Ahhhhhh in the words of a 4 year old!
I was at a deer (actually elk this weekend) widow's weekend at my friend Diane's house. We spent all night Friday working on projects that hold female attention at times like these. Saturday I went back for more. It was raining. She received a call. I half-listened while beading a watchband. She got of the phone, grunted, jumped up and down and growled.
"He's coming home. Crap. I wanted to do stuff. Now I'm going to have to get the house semi decent, find something for dinner (besides the cinnamon bears, peanut butter m&m's and pepsi we were consuming), and I'm going to get molested and I just don't feel like it. Dang it!!!
how the heck did you take that picture?
My entire family was in town this weekend for conference, so we basically lived at my parent's house all weekend. We were in their warm pool (yes, it is AZ), and my 4 year old nephew Aiden was sitting on my lap. He promptly felt my unshaven stubbly legs and squealed "Aunt Amber! You have WHISKERS on your legs!!"
Aaahhhh tell Angelo I feel his pain. You would think that Tara would be an easy name to understand. I bet no one messes up Sarah. I can't tell you how many times I have introduced myself and the person comes back with, "Karen?" Simultaneously I cringe at the need to correct them and my grandmother voice in my head saying, "e-nun-ci-ate!"
As for funny, Ethan is talking to me about his friends, in particular the ones that don't go to church. "Weirdos", he says. I am thinking of how to respond to that when he corrects himself, " No wait, Lamanites".
HMMMM.....Note to self: What AM I teaching my child?
Hello Sarah---I was linked to your super cool blog the one and only Tara (YES the one that rhymes with Sara LOL). Just wanted to say hello because I feel like I'm already getting to know you via T. You girls enjoy and know that I am GREEN (oooohhh good word choice-a double eco-friendly entendre) with envy that you cute girls get to pal around in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. And, for the record I love the name Angelo. I too, can relate though--with a name like Eva, I get called Ehhva (short e sound) and Ayyba (by any of my sweet Spanish speaking friends). Go figure. Nice to "meet" you in blog land, Eva
www.freshandvintage.typepad.com
I've found a new aka for Angelo. Fez.
Fez! LOL!
Post a Comment