Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Whidbey...the second time around

I just couldn't wait
this restaurant
had eluded me once
I wasn't going to let it happen again
so I convinced these lovely ladies
to join me
at the BRAEBURN


where we ate
tuna melts
curry sandies
homemade clam chowder
( note to self add rosemary to clam chowder)
FRESH fruit salad
( not kidding about fresh, i think they picked the fruit that morning)
huckleberry sprite
coke with a lemon
potato wedges

**************************************

then the need arose
to use the
"facilities"
Tara braved it first
and came back to report that
you had to go outside
around the back to use the afore mentioned
and that I may want to take my camera
what I found was this pointing my way

after walking around a bit in the misty rain
we went to
Angel.........something chocolates
where we witnessed these truffles being made
can you say YUMMY

It was a GREAT day
we started out at around 11 am
and made it home by 7:30 pm
Gotta love the Ferry
I think we spent 6 hours waiting for Ferries
well.......the good news it that, that was news to us
we were so busy chatting we didn't even realize
the time
NOW that is a GREAT time

***note from the author***
I am kicking myself for not taking pictures of the food, I guess I was having a really good time darn it I'll just have to go back

2 comments:

Trish Griffee said...

Ok when i come to visit Seattle again I want to go to this Island! I wish I would have known to go last time we were there.

Franklin Family said...

There's nothing like spending time with wonderful girlfriends. The day looks like it was wonderful!